Date(s) - 17/01/2015
2:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Caryford Community Hall
Hosted by “Give 2 Hoots”
|2.00 – 6.00 pm||Family fun and fundraising activities||FREE|
|4.00 – 6.00 pm||Guided wildlife walk with Chris Sperring, leaving on foot from Caryford Hall||FREE (suggested donation £2 waged adults)|
|6.00 – 7.00 pm||set-up for the evening session|
|7.30 – 10.00 pm||“British Owls: their Natural History and Practical Conservation” – a talk by Chris Sperring; including question and answer session.||Pre–booked and paid for places: £5 talk alone; £10 for talk and supper|
2.00 – 6.00 pm: Family fun and fundraising (FREE to enter)
- Teas/coffee/juices – all day, supplied by G2H
- Home baked cakes biscuits (as last time, but just simple iced cakes and owl biscuits – ask for donations too)
- Evening supper – Oates and Musson meal in a box £5 (meat, veggie and vegan options) [sourced by Jan and taste-tested by Jan and Teresa… yum yum and an absolute bargain!] oatesandmusson.com
- ‘Owls’ (talk by Chris aimed at children and young people but adults too!)
- Meet Beau and Bellatrix the Barn Owls
- Dissecting a Barn Owl pellet: demonstration and ‘have a go’
- Build your own garden nest box activity: with Keith and Linda of Specialised Nestboxes – includes a display of larger nestboxes
- Other making/craft type activities?
4.00 – 6.00 pm: Walk – sign up on the day or just turn up
- A guided nature walk from Caryford Community Centre with Chris Sperring (please be aware ‘at own risk’, footwear, muddy, bring a torch, change footwear in the car park etc. etc.) some of us will need to stay back to man the stalls.
7.30 – 10.00 pm: Talk
- British Owls: their Natural History and Practical Conservation (including the New Community Owls Project) – Chris Sperring Talk – booked places, ticketed through Eventbrite.